If you want to reduce the size, either:
- uninstall applications or
- run compcln.exe to remove RTM, SP1 and SP2 components.
Running this compcln.exe tool is pretty simple:
1. Click Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt or click Start>Run and type cmd to open Command Prompt Windows
2. Execute the command “Compcln.exe”. The path is “c:\Windows\System32 \compcln.exe”.
3. Users will be prompted a question whether to keep SP2 permanently in the system.
4. Once users type “Y” and press enter, the system will start performing the windows components clean.