Another excellent presentation of security within Cloud Computing from Dan Blum.
Cloud computing represents a disruptive opportunity for organizations to leverage internet-based IT service delivery. As part of the “externalization of IT cloud computing forces organizations to craft security strategies for protecting data and processes that have moved to service provider environments. Audit and monitoring measures must be increased to make up for loss of control, but along the way organizations must explore new technology architectures and navigate tricky legal and compliance issues.
- Business, financial, legal, compliance, reputational, operational, and strategic risks of cloud computing
- Developing a security policy
- Identity management, de-provisioning, and federation in the cloud context
- The role of virtualization
- Audit services and strategies
- What to expect from vendors