Here you go:
- First get the following tools: 7-Zip(Free), WinImage(Demo)
- Download the ESXi ISO (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.0.0-164009.x86_64.iso)
- Open the ISO with 7-Zip
- Open “image.tgz” with 7-Zip
- Browse to “\image.tgz.temptar\usr\lib\vmware\installer\VMware-VMvisor-big-164009-x86_64.dd.bz2\”
- Extract “VMware-VMvisor-big-164009-x86_64.dd”
- Open WinImage and go to Disk, click on “Restore Virtual Harddisk Image on physical drive”
- Select a physical drive (USB stick)
- Select “VMware-VMvisor-big-164009-x86_64.dd”
- And click “yes” to write the DD image to the USB Disk
Stick your USB key on a server (or PC) and boot it up! N.B.you may have to configure the BIOS to boot it up from a USB device.
Have a look at govirtual.tv to install and config your ESXi4.