Today I received an email from SUN regarding a guide about “Understanding Cloud Computing”.
It was a good read so I decided to share it with you.
It’s easy to get lost in all the talk about cloud computing. Everybody seems to have a cloud, connects to the cloud, is cloud-enabled, or at the least, is cloud-ready.
There’s a lot of jargon, but it’s not all fluff and buzz. Behind that jargon are some very real business and technology benefits.
Our new guide to cloud computing will help you sort out what matters from what doesn’t — and will arm you with a framework for determining whether and how cloud computing makes sense for your organization.
In 25 pages, this free guide:
- Defines cloud computing and its benefits
- Explains the different types of clouds (public, private, and hybrid)
- Describes the architectural service layers (e.g., Software as a Service)
- Details the underlying virtualization technologies
- Suggests next steps and actions to get started
It the link above doesn’t work, here is a direct link to the guide.
SUN has also dedicated web pages to Cloud Computing with a lot of information on the subject.