This first video shows every step required to install Hyper-V and ESXi on a fresh machine. We kept count of the elapsed time, reboots, mouse clicks and keystrokes each product needed and it clearly shows the huge advantage the truly thin and OS-free ESXi architecture has in installation speed and simplicity. ESXi goes from bare-metal to fully installed in one-third the time, half the mouse clicks, hundreds fewer keystrokes and just one reboot vs. seven compared to Hyper-V. The simplicity of the ESXi wizard-driven installation is striking compared to the arduous process needed to first get the Server Core OS installed and then configure Hyper-V in a command line environment.
- RT @InformatiqNews: Le spécialiste de la sauvegarde / restauration Rubrik appuie sur l’accélérateur dlvr.it/P9zdgz https://t.co/z… 1 week ago
- How to Accidentally Stop a Global Cyber Attacks -> disq.us/t/2o54l3h <- Not so 'accidental' but professional IMHO #vExpert 1 week ago
- 'Accidental hero' finds kill switch to stop spread of ransomware cyber-attack theguardian.com/technology/201… 2 weeks ago
- Incredible #uptime of two #ESX servers running on #HP #DL380 gears… Up to 2671 days !!! #VMware #vExpert https://t.co/ICe565F6HM 2 weeks ago
- RT @backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q1 are out! See how are 82,516 hard drives are fairing our datacenter: backblaze.com/blog/hard-driv… https:… 2 weeks ago
How To Troubleshoot… on Chunk Size Of a RAID0 Volume O… PiroNet on It All Started With This … Gorka on It All Started With This … An administrator not… on Ballooning And Hypervisor Swap… revate on Installing Oracle Database Cli…
Views expressed here are mine, they are not read or approved in advance by any company and don’t reflect the views of my employer, my employer’s business partners, or clients. I am solely responsible for all content produced here. No information provided here was reviewed by or endorsed by my employer or any other vendor or organization. This is my own blog. Comments are moderated!