Starting with VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 2 you can enable Single Sign-on feature.
To enable Windows Single Sign-on follow these steps:
- Log in to a workstation where the VI Client is installed.
- Right-click the desktop and select New > Shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut Wizard, click Browse and navigate to the location of the VpxClient.exe program and click OK.
Note: By default it is located in C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\
- After the full path is in the Type the location of the item field append -passthroughAuth -s <VirtualCenter Server hostname> to the end of the line, where <VirtualCenter Server hostname> is the hostname or IP Address of the VirtualCenter instance you want to connect to.
- Click Next.
- Give a Name for the shortcut.
- Click Finish.
After the shortcut has been created, double-click on the new shortcut, and you are logged into the VirtualCenter Server using the currently logged in credentials.
Note: If the currently logged in user does not have appropriate permissions to VirtualCenter log in fails.
Read more here